Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What we've been up to lately...

For those of you who want to know what I've been up to lately.... Brad and I moved to Perry in 2005 three months after we had our second girl (Molly). The summer of 2006 I FINALLY finished my master's degree in Marriage and Family Therapy. I got to be a stay at home mom for the first time for real and that ended in February 2008 when I started a job at Weber Human Services. I am currently working as a Substance Abuse Therapist on the Criminal Justice Services team here. I work with some really great people and have been having fun, but missing being home with my girls. In April I auditioned for my first stage production since High School and fell in love with theatre again. Brad is not the happiest about the time I spend away from home, but he is being supportive. Reagan is going into the 4th grade this year and Molly is learning so much that I think she'll be ready for college by age 5. Brad is working as an Accountant at Nucor Building Systems in Brigham City and I'm waiting for the big bucks to start rolling in :). He is actually working for the same company as his brother Mike, so they occasionally see each other. Jeff just started working as an accountant for Vulcraft, right down the road from Brad's place of work, so they go and screw around during lunch (usually playing tennis). Brad and I will have been married 10 - count them - 10 years this August. He continues to be the best mistake I ever made. I love you Brad!!!

9 comments:

The Birds said...

Hey you! Long time, eh?? I found your blog on the class blog. I totally went into the whole blog thing kicking and screaming, but have ended up really enjoying it! So, welcome!! Sounds like you guys have been busy. You're girls are BEAUTIFUL!! It was good to "find" you again!! You can check us out at: prestonchandiandfam.blogspot.com
Maybe I can talk Preston into coming up for High School Musical! How young can kids be to come? Is there an age limit? I only ask becuase Madalyn LOVES High School Musical and I'm sure she'd love to come too!
~Chandi

Anonymous said...

HEATHER!!! It has been sooo long. I miss you too! You need to have Brad transfer to the Nucor here... we would have too much fun with our girls. They are sooo close in age it is almost creepy... like we planned it or something. :)

Congrats on finally finishing your Masters... What an accomplishment! I knew that if anyone could get through it you could. You were always determined and driven. I miss Savage Garden.... at least our freaking hour long trips... singing and sluffing seminary.. Good lord the good old days, before babies and husbands and work... please keep in touch! I need your email.. so email me. erynharris@yahoo.com.

Love you!! And we are MAKING a definate plan to get together the next time I am home.

Tiffany Joy said...

Heather-It's Tiff. I just quickly saw you left a comment. E-mail me at tiffanyjoychristensen@gmail.com. I'll write more later.. can't wait to check up on your blog and your life. I SO love you!! And always have..

The Holmgrens said...

Heather,
I am so glad to hear from you!!!! I have thought about you so much. Tresea told me you were in Perry. Justin and I are actually looking to move around there for his last year of school. He works in Brigham. His parents have been great, but it is time to be on our own again. Do you know of any good places for rent that aren't too much money. We are still in the poor college student stage, and probably will be forever! Your girls are darling! All the Holmgrens agree. They looked too. Love, Nat

Joell said...

Welcome to the blogging world! It is so fun to hear about you! I see Molly sometimes in nursery when she comes to church with your mom! Sounds like life is busy but fun! Keep in touch!

Nances said...

Yeah! I'm so glad that you started blogging. It really is a fun way to stay in better touch with friends. So hopefully we'll talk more than every couple years! Are you going to the game on Thursday--I think it is their last so I am planning on it--come so I can see you! Your little girls are seriously ADORABLE! Good for you--getting back into theatre--you are so talented that way. I want to come see you the next time you perform--you'll have to post your nights etc...
Love ya!

Callisters said...

Heather I am so glad to see that you have entered blogging land! You will have to let us know when High School Musical is, we are big fans of the show-my kids would think it is great! Well one of these days we will have to tell our husbands to let us come and play too. Have a great day, maybe we will see you on Thursday.

Nick said...

Hey Heather. This is your sort of cousin Nick. Yes, even I have given in to the power of the blog. I actually sneak in to our and see what the few people I know are up to. I feel out of place in this female dominated blog world but I thought, at the risk of damaging my already frail ego, I would say hello. Shoot me an email and I will have Stacey help me put your email on our blog so you can take a look at ours. I guess ours is private and you have to invite people through their email accounts. meldrumnick@gmail.com

The Mashy Family said...

Hey I saw your blog on someone elses and I am just stupid that way and decided to say Hello! Welcome to blogging. It is kinda this messed up life of women out there but what do you do. Congratulations on finally finishing school!